Pak Tribune : NATO forces be deployed in Balochistan: BNP

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

NATO forces be deployed in Balochistan: BNP

September 6, 2006

ISLAMABAD: Abdul Rauf Mengal MNA of Balochistan National Party (BNP) has said he will resign from his assembly seat as per party decision today to register protest against killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti.

He said this while addressing a press conference in cafeteria of parliament here Tuesday. He told BNP had decided to resign from senate, national assembly, provincial assembly and district government.

"I was to resign on Monday but Mehmood Khan Achakzai and Hafiz Hussain Ahmad advised me not to tender resignation just now as the opposition would send resignations collectively. Opposition members contacted my leadership. When I could not get any response from the opposition leaders on Tuesday then I tried to speak on point of order in connection with my resignation. The speaker however adjourned the house. Therefore, I will resign today. I request my friends from opposition that they should take any decision in this respect. These institutions have now lost their credibility. Assembly was not informed about military operation", he underscored.

He alleged the incumbent government and the generals are murderers of Nawab Akbar Bugti. Forces be withdrawn from Balochistan and NATO troops be deployed there.

"We are grateful to legislators of Punjab who voiced protest against government", he underlined.